Copenhagen is on the East coast of Denmark and is the capital of Denmark. With cutting edge Restaurants, cobblestone streets and Picturous canals; Copenhagen is a perfect combination of Fairy tales magic and modern day life.
Things to do in Copenhagen-
- Rosenborg Castle- A Dutch palace with Museum
- The little mermaid- A mermaid sculpture made of Bronze by Edward Erikson
- Kastellet- It is a 17th century Castle with Museum
- Rundetaarn- It is a 17TH Century observatory and Planetarium .The specialty of this tower is that it does not have stairs, just spiral ramp to climb up.
- Stroget- It is the famous shopping street
- City hall square- It is a large square outside city hall
- Dragon Fountain- A fountain in the city hall square
- Christiansborg Palace- Her you will find the remains of 12th century castle
- Kongens Nytorv- It is another square with a statue of Christian V
- Nyhavn- The entertainment district of Copen Hagen
- Church of our savior- 17th century church with Baroque architecture
What to eat??
Some of the must try in Copen Hagen are-
- Rod Polse- It is a sausage served in a bun with ketchup and Mustard sauce.
- Smorrebrod- A traditional dish of Copenhagen, it is an open sandwich with meat, vegetables’ and sauce.
- Falafel- It is a traditional Egyptian dish
- Durum Shawarma- Made of chicken, beef or lamb
- Frikadellar- Meatballs fried in butter
- Marinated or pickled Herring
Where to stay??
In Copenhagen you can also go for rental places if you are booking in advance. Otherwise some of the best Hotels are-
- Steel House Copenhagen
- Scandic Copenhagen
- Urban House Copenhagen by Meininger
- DGI – byen
- Annex Copenhagen
- Absalon hotel
Hostels are also available, if you do not want to spend too much. Some of the hostels are-
- Copenhagen Downtown hostel
- Generator Hostel
- Danhostel Copenhagen city
Copenhagen is one of the world’s happiest cities, so slow down, relax and enjoy the moments this city has to offer!!